Friday, June 18, 2004

I wonder if God
is lurking around this board
& if so why he doesn't chose
to post a simply howyadoin

or maybe a death threat
something about fire & brimstone
a reference to fiery arrows
flying & the world becoming
a smutty furnace filled with
the yells & cries of
the unholy & the great unwashed

all those who put wiggle in
this dead black vacuum
the weight that pushes against
the dark to hold
the blue skies back

one day soon in the plains
between here & there I shall
pose that question & watch
godlips smile wider than Texas
& hear godvoice boom like
a downtown ghetto blaster
tuned full hip-hop rattle

Why should I worry about your
nonexistent spot in nothing space
I had kids to kill in Kosovo
fruit loops to boot beat by
the big rock on the bay
poets to pulverize
pagans to placate
bitches to burn &
heroes to humble

Stagger away blind boy
& let me breath free air
fresh around warped trees
& rocks bent by time

I wrung your days out of
blue moonlight & gold contrails
painted sunsets that burned
your retinas & all you did
was sit in dark corners &
question the wisdom
of it all

Back away to hell & warm
the crease in your jeans
on flames that lick the
bones of civilization

I have new worlds
to build & kill
new dreams to make
& crumble

new voices to
still

forever



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home